Tuesday, 28 October 2008
BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.
Monday, 15 September 2008
The Mid-Autumn Festival falls on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month of the Chinese calendar (usually around mid- or late-September in the Gregorian calendar), a date that parallels the Autumn and Spring Equinoxes of the solar calendar. The traditional food of this festival is the ricecake, of which there are many different varieties.
The Mid-Autumn Festival is one of the two most important holidays in the Chinese calendar (the other being the Chinese Lunar New Year), and is a legal holiday in several countries. Farmers celebrate the end of the summer harvesting season on this date. Traditionally, on this day, family members and friends will gather to admire the bright mid-autumn harvest moon, and eat mooncakes(rice cakes in Korea) and pomeloes together. Accompanying the celebration, there are additional cultural or regional customs, such as:
Eating moon cakes outside under the moon(maybe China only)
Carrying brightly lit lanterns, lighting lanterns on towers, floating sky lanterns
Burning incense in reverence to deities including Chang'e (simplified Chinese: 嫦娥; traditional Chinese: 嫦娥; pinyin: cháng'é)
Planting Mid-Autumn trees
Collecting dandelion leaves and distributing them evenly among family members
Fire Dragon Dances
Shops selling mooncakes(ricecakes in Korea), before the festival, often display pictures of Chang'e floating to the moon.
Monday, 8 September 2008
Monday, 1 September 2008
Standard Podcast: Play in popup
1. What is Andrew wearing?
2. What type of colours is he wearing?
3. What type of pattern is his coat?
4. What’s the difference between a coat and a jacket?
5. How’s a denim jacket different?
6. Why does Andrew only wear plastic watches? What two things happen to him when he wears vaulable watches?
7. What is he the victim of?
8. Where does he jump into?
9. What does Andrew say about wearing jewellery?
10. Who made him remove it and why?
1. What is Alison wearing?
2. Describe her jumper.
3. Describe her shoes.
4. Describe her T-shirt.
5. What items of clothing does she hand-wash?
6. What’s special about her earrings?
7. Wht’s another name for earrings?
8. What matches her T-shirt?
9. What would she like different in her jacket?
10. Describe her watch and bangle.
Monday, 11 August 2008
South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea and often referred to as Korea is a presidential republic in East Asia , occupying the southern half of the Korean peninsula. Also known as the "Land of the Morning Calm", it is neighbored by China to the west,Japan to the east and borders North Korea to the north. South Korea's capital and largest city is Seoul , the second largest metropolitan city in the world.